Saturday 7 October 2017

Pizza time!


In my last post I talked about the 'emotional' brain, and how sometimes it can get the better of us making us give in to our cravings. Well here is an idea for you... You can have the pizza!

Yes I said that right, pizza. Only this one you know exactly what is in it. This super tasty treat has a base made from cauliflower, eggs and a little cheese, making it low carb and high protein.

Even better is that you can load it with veggies which equals lots of nutrients. It's so simple to make that even I can manage it without any major kitchen disasters. And I have had quite a few in the past!

So here is your ingredient list...
1 cauliflower
3 free range eggs
200g grated cheese
Tomato puree'
Plus whatever is your choice of topping - get as many fresh vegetables in as you can!

1) Blend half a cauliflower, until it has a rice like consistency.



2) Crack your eggs and whisk them, then add them to your mix along with half the grated cheese -add salt and pepper to taste,



3) Pour out onto a non stick tray - I used grease proof paper for extra non stickiness. Then use the back of a spoon to flatten into a traditional pizza shape. Don't worry if the mix seems a little sloppy.

4) Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes. I use an AGA so its trial and error on the temperature, but a good indication is when the base has gone firm and started to brown on top



5) Take out the pizza base and add your choice of topping. Tonight I spreaded mine with tomato puree', then added whatever veggies I could find in the fridge. These happened to be tomatoes, mushrooms and rocket. I also added a sprinkle of cooked ham and oregano.



6) Stick your pizza back in the oven for another 12-15 minutes.



7) Enjoy :-)
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

BLOGGER TEMPLATE CREATED BY pipdig